Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Delonghi DEM 10 dehumidifier. It still runs

Hi I have a Delonghi DEM 10 dehumidifier. It still runs but has stopped producing water.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Usually one of two things, either the fan has packed up or its short of refrigerant. Can you see/hear the fan running and if so can you feel any warm air coming out of the back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian Thanks for your quick response. The dehumidifier seems to be functioning normally and the fan is creating an airflow that can be felt coming from the back of the unit. I have just cleaned the filter, it wasn't too bad.
Cheers
Dennis
Is it now collecting water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Sorry for not responding earlier, I have just logged on to my emails. No it has not started collecting water. It runs for a while and then seems to go into "standby mode". Sorry for the not too technical terminology.
RegardsDennis
OK do you get a click just before the compressor starts?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Several faint clicks before the compressor starts, after three or four minutes it then starts without a click.
Dennis
OK back to an original question, as you are aware the air is drawn in at one side chilled to extract the moisture and then exits out of the other side of the dehumidifier, the air coming out should be warm is this the case?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
No the air exiting from the back is cold.
OK I think it is fair to conclude that your dehumidifier is short of refrigerant. You will need to get a refrigeration engineer to recharge it. In view of its original purchase price I would think carefully as a call out these days is likely to cost you £50 with no guarantee that the engineer will be able to fix it.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further information is free of charge. Thank you for using JA and enjoy your day.