Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Bosch Washing Machine WAE24467UK/10 Fault F-21. Renewed brushes,

Bosch Washing Machine WAE24467UK/10 Fault F-21.
Renewed brushes, armature seems sound (average resistance 4 to 5 ohms) not checked the field coils but no obvious signs of distress. On reassembling F-21 fault code persists. Help appreciated please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK just to explain, the fault code is stored in the microprocessors memory which has to be cleared before you can reuse the appliance - let me see if I can find the reset instructions for you -
To reset the F21 error on a Bosch machine, turn the program knob from the off position (12 o'clock), to the 6 o'clock position and immediately press and hold the spin button. Then while holding the spin button turn the knob to 7 o'clock position and continue holding spin button for 15 seconds.
You may have to do this a number of times as the reset only cancels one fault indication at a time.
Once you machine is reset would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, from this point on all further queries are free of charge - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These re-setting instructions you have advised do not seem applicable to the model WAE24467UK/10 Bosch Washing Machine I have. The facia has touch buttons which on the left hand side set the wash type and on the right side temperature, "Ready in" and RPM settings. moving to the right is the START button and on the extreme right a rotary selector with OFF at the top and Rinse at the bottom and different stettings in between. Please advise the re-setting technique for this model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After re-assembling the machine and pushing it back to its normal position, a new fault code has appeared F-23 which I understand is the "anti flood" warning. The F-21 fault seems to have disappeared? but I still can't get the machine to respond. I have drained the pump filter and cleaned the element, re-assembled but still no go and F-23 remains. It is possible a sensor may have detected an "flood" situation when I inverted the machine to access the motor. Please help me to understand and resolve this associated issue.
Program knob = program selector
spin = rpm button
To clear any fault as already stated you need to clear them one at a time so you may have to follow the procedure a number of times to clear the microprocessor.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am in the US but I know your machine well.I tried to call you but the circuits are all busy.You can call me if you like?***-***-****.I will keep trying.Thank you for your patience.Tech Michael