Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hotpoint Future fridge freezer. The fridge is not cooling the

Customer Question

Hotpoint Future fridge freezer. The fridge is not cooling the contents but the freezer is working fine. Have checked position of the dials and all are ok. What is the next step.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could I have the full model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
According to the booklet instructions the model number is ***** but after that there are 5 different endings, ie LA, LG, ALG, LP and ALP, don't know which one we have.
OK can you hear the fan running in the freezer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can hear the fan in the freezer.
OK let me explain how it all works and then you can understand why I follow a certain route. All the cooling for both the fridge area and the freezer is in the freezer compartment. It is then ducted up into the fridge area by the fan when required although the fan can be running in the freezer when it isnt needed. The duct has a motorized flap that shuts off the cold air to the fridge when not required. Usually you have one of two problems, either the flap is jammed shut with ice or the ducts are frozen up also with ice. What I am going to do first is a full reset - as this will reset all the components. I need you to turn both temperature control knobs to zero, then unplug the appliance and leave it for ten minutes. Then plug in and reset both to midway. Once you have done this come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry I'm late getting back to you. I did as you asked and left the fridge off for 20 minutes, turned back on but still nothing.
OK is the compressor (motor at the back) running ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is definitely a motor running.
Be sure you can tell the difference between the internal fan and the exterior motor. If it is running you will see that it has two small pipe, one which is crimped off and a third large pipe, is the non crimped pipe hot about 4 inches up from the motor?
Do you require further assistance?