Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Please advise on the fitting kit number and dimensions to convert

Please advise on the fitting kit number and dimensions to convert a 150mm diameter outlet from D67B21NOGB extractor chimney hood to a horizontal rectangular ducting.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - maths how jolly ~ so area of a circle = pie (3.14) x Radius (75mm) x Radius (75mm) = 17662.5mm squared.
Rectangular ducting - this is a little more tricky as Neff do not have fitting kits for their extractors but they do recommend the following (also take note that the longer the duct the larger the cross sectional area of pipe required. From the Neff handbook - Flat ducts. The inner cross section must correspond to the diameter of the round pipe. For 150mm pipes this should be 1770mm squared. Flat ducts should have no sharp deflections (slows down the airflow)
So any duct that when the area (ie length x breath) is greater than 1770mm squared will do.
Hope that answers your question - if not come back to me for more clarity. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. If you need more help come back as after rating questions are free of charge. Thank You for using JA and have a great afternoon.