Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Rangemaster 90. About 30 seconds after turning on

Customer Question

I have a Rangemaster 90. About 30 seconds after turning on the main oven, the house main fuse tripped. I tried to restart the oven with no success after resetting the trip. The secondary oven works ok.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Rangemaster 90?Also does it get a lot of use? And has this happened before?And may I have the full model # ***** your oven?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 4 years old. Yes it is used regularly. The serial number is(###) ###-#### It is a Rangemaster Kitchener 90 Dual Fuel. The only other number I can see is 88CL18088.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi is the oven actually heating during that 30 seconds before it trips out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume so, but I've no way of being absolutely sure.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I need for you to check on that once it runs for 30 seconds, open the door and check if it feels warm or hot? It will help us with this one;-)Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry if I have mislead you. The main oven fan is dead.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Oh Ok thats differentIs the breaker tripping, please explain the entire issue clearly so I can help ;-)Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I turned the main oven on, the house fuse board tripped out shortly after. I reset the trip and turned the oven back on but nothing happened, no red indicator and no fan. I tried the secondary oven and that ran ok. The gas igniters work and the grill works.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks,This problem is the main control board that has shorted out and failed internally. That will need to be replaced. If you are handy I could help you make this repair, there is no soldering involved ;-) Just plug in wiring clips.The best place to get that main control board is : http://www.rangemaster-spares.co.uk/Once you have the part, I will help you make the swap, but if you don't feel you can do this one, you will need an engineer to replace that part for you.I wish I had better news for you I really do.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, Cheers
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that!You too!Tech Mike ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Part ordered, should be here Tuesday.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will be here when you get that part.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michael, I have the pcb and have isolated the range.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the first thing is to remove the panel for the back so you can have access. Next before you unplug any wiring clips, please take a couple pics so you know for sure where they go back!Then you can release the old board from its mounting and unplug the wiring once you are sure you wont get confused on that.Let me know when you have gotten this far?Thank youTech MichaelI will be in and out today so I will reply as soon as I can on this;-)Usually my day odd lol.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok just reply when you need me;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've removed three cover plates so far, revealing the rear of the two fan motors and assorted cables but no sign of the pcb.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
That board should be the one for the controls. Its on the face of the unit;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You mean the panel at the front of the range?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes, if thats the board they sent I hope.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I removed the rear panels so I will replace them. Then I remove the panel at the front through which the burner controls are positioned and the timer is housed?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Correct;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I'll call it a day for now and contact you again tomorrow.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will be here.