Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My bosch washer drum/motor only turns one turn on all cycles

Hi my bosch washer drum/motor only turns one turn on all cycles both wash and spin - wash cycle continues as if it thinks motor is running then next step/phase it asks motor to run and same again only 1 turn - any ideas - motor seems fine , brushes are new - not sure about pressure switch but all tubes have been cleaned - cheers ***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Washer?Also may I have the Full model # ***** I can help you correctly?And does it get a lot of use? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael -
I'll leave you a good feedback . dnt worry - so ,Its a Bosch Classixx 1400 Express
E-NR WF02866GB/07
FD(###) ###-####Not sure about the age but maybe that 07 is a clue for that ?
Regularly used but stopped with a blocked drain a 2 weeks or so ago , then cleaned filter and unblocked pump. Also fitted new brushes at that time as a precaution while it was down and opened up , worked fine till now.
Stopped again yesterday at wash cycle with a full load and again wouldn't drain and go into spin - manually drained and inspected pump no blockages found , pump then ran on drain cycle - cleaned pressure chamber but not really dirty anyway.
Reassembled and now drains fine but will not spin or turn on wash cycle , turns once , sounds fine but stops , cycle continues though with periods of not moving and then 1 turn - same happens on spin cycle 1 turn only ?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for all that info !I would remove the brushes and re install them, just to be sure they didn't "hang" on you.If thats ok, then the main control board is unfortunately at fault on this one.I have done so many of these lol, so I know. I wish I had better news for you I really do.But In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will check them - thanks for that , just needed to be sure - theres a lot of talk of pressure switches and out of balance switches - we'll see how much the main control board is maybe time for a new m/c !
Thanks again - Dave.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave, yep worth a shot ;-)I wish you the best with this, even after you rate me, you can still write to me ;-) Tech Mike
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.