Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a large stand alone whirlpool fridge freezer. The freezer

We have a large stand alone whirlpool fridge freezer. The freezer keeps switching off and giving an intemittent beep. If you open the freezer door which the freezer off and move the ice collection box up and down it usually resets when you switch back on. However, we are having to do this more and more frequently so it seems to be a problem with the icemaker Any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a refrigeration specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Whirlpool fridge?Also may I have the Full model # ***** I can help you effectively?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fridge/ freezer is about 8 years old. The code on the label is
FRBB2VAF20/0
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.This could be a wire connecting the ice maker. To find out if thats all it is as I supect, you need to unscrew the icemaker from the freezer, there you will see the connector plug behind the ice maker. I would disconnect it , then hit it with a little bit of WD-40 or other solvent. then wipe dry and re attach everything That should solve the problem ;)Its rare that a connection inside this model would have an internal fault unless it plain out wont work lol.I have done many of these so I am pretty sure on this. If you do these steps, and then still have a problem the loose connection is elsewhere likely on the main control board. In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I am out now and will give your proposal a try tomorrow.
However I will give you a rate at the top now. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Sounds great.Thank you !