Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Danfoss 2 Chanel receiver. Not picking up signals from either

Customer Question

Danfoss 2 Chanel receiver.
Not picking up signals from either transmitter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I can get heating and water on by pressing the two buttons on the receiver manually.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Does it work if you sit the transmitters next to the receiver?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One of the transmitters is only about 6 ft away from the receiver but they are fixed to the wall. In the past years I have had to re set the transmitters to the receiver but this time it's both transmitters together not responding and there is no green light flashing from the light on the far left of the receiver.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New batteries put in also. Transmitters still working as can see on display panels. Just no signal being received at receiver.
Have you done a full reset as per the manufacturer's instructions?Do you have the full model details?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to do a full reset, the model is RX2
Page 10 onwards;http://ns323666.ip-37-187-156.eu/manuals/Danfoss%20Thermostat/Danfoss%20RX2%20Thermostat.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave tried the re commissioning when you hold both programme and Chanel button in for 15 secs but no joy on both channels. I do think the fault is with the receiver as green programme light not blinking at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Link not working saying forbidden.
Ok, search for Danfoss RX2 installation, the link will come up for your installation instructions.Try reinstalling or recommissioning the kit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will try pressing the reset button and recommissioning again but not brave enough to attempt re installation, nay have to call a heating engineer . Thanks
Recommissioning it should have clear the memory and sorted it. Perhaps there is a problem with the receiver then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I think so too, I gave someone coming to look at tomorrow evening. Hopefully they will be able to repair or replace.
No problem - come back if you get stuck.I can probably give you a wire around until it gets swapped out if the boost or advance button does not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can use it by pressing the Chanel buttons manually but obviously no timer or room stats working.
Ok, just trying to help - that will do the same as the wire around.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will know more when the engineer calls tomorrow. Thanks.
Thanks - let me know