George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have just installed a Beko dishwasher. We ran it empty on

Customer Question

I have just installed a Beko dishwasher. We ran it empty on a quick cycle which was fine, although it didn't drain - I then found the problem which was that where I had connected the waste to a spur under the kitchen sink, inside the spur had been capped with a blue plug. I removed this and it drained fine. Since then, when I close the dishwasher door there is a constant whirring sound. When I try to start a programme the lights come on but it won't start, it just continues whirring. When I open the door it stops. But I close it and it starts whirring again and i can't get it to wash.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tilt the appliance backwards slightly to see if water comes from the rear.. My assumption is that in filling the appliance with no successful draining process, you may have overflowed the appliance into the base and the sound you can hear is the drain pump running via the anti-flood system.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
I am only paid by the company for my assistance on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
regards