Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I need to replace a drayton dts3 hot water tank thermostat.

Customer Question

I need to replace a drayton dts3 hot water tank thermostat. Is it as simple as close off power (and check), unscrew, fit the new replacement (the control plastic has gone brittle and broken when turning)?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Yes as a matter of course I tend to cut off the end of the old cables and strip the insulation back and reconnect - make sure that the terminals are really tight. Otherwise, power off first and do it as you have stated. Come back to me if you need further advice.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from star rating system at the top page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian
A pleasure come back to me if you need further advice, its fairly straight forward the most important is to make sure the screws are tight as loose connections cause arcing and eventually the plastic either melts or as you have found become very brittle.