Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Gloworm 15hxi which makes a rumbling noise when it

I have a Gloworm 15hxi which makes a rumbling noise when it first fires after being off by the programmer, thereafter it operates normally with little noticeable noise when it fires up. My thinking is that on the initial cold start the burner goes to high fire rate rather than low and then ramp up.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
H, how old is your Baxi unit?Also when was the last time it was cleaned professionally?ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The boiler was installed in 2004 and was last serviced in December 2015, when the ignition probe was changed also.Regards,Pete
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete,This is usually due to it needing a cleaning. But I would find it odd for it to be doing that since it was recently serviced. Something you should do yearly anyway lol. But That shouldn't happen if the unit is running clean.(could have been mis adjusted by the last tech)?But it is kind of normal for these to rumble just a little when the first fire, but it shoudl not be a loud rumble and it should quiet down. If it does then its likely ok;-)If you think the rumble is not how it normally sounds, then I would have it looked at.Hope this info is helpful to you? Please let me knwo if you need anything further on this one ? In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the overall consensus is that the boiler is approaching the end of its life and I'll look to replace it in the Summer - thanks for advice.Regards,Pete
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Your more than Welcome Pete.