Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Whirlpool Oven+grill model number AKG218/WP. Oven

Customer Question

We have a Whirlpool Oven+grill model number AKG218/WP. Oven was last used at the weekend and this morning grill works but oven does not. We had this installed over about 20 years ago.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.Is yours the gas or electric model?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electric model
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,Will either bake or broil settings work on this one now?Or neither one works?Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
neither work
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you this could be the connection block where the wires enter the unit. But is there any sign of life from the controls, when you try to set it to ON?Please explain that in detail o I can be sure what is wrong;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
ThanksTech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only the grill has life ie. it gets hot and light comes on.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that. The problem is more than likely the main control board. There are relays on that board that will fail eventually causing this problem. They can still click, sometimes. But the internal contacts they operate no longer have continuity when it the ON position. You will need to replace that part to fix this. Its pretty easy to do if you are handy and have a few basic hand tools. I will help all the way if you would like to go that way? There is no soldering required;-) Just plugs in. The best place to get that main oven control board is : https://www.whirlpool.co.uk/support/spare-parts.content.htmlOr call as i would for this part,: 0844(###) ###-#### ***** any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,My problem with Whirlpool oven was not the main control board as suggested by you. I had to call out local electrician who checked the main board and other parts and informed me that the main board was not the problem. Finally somehow he managed to get the oven functioning.ThanksJay Joshi.ps. Do I get refund of the fee paid?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
hi yes I will send this to Customer Service for that, sometimes, we cant be sure of the exact issue because we can not be there to test it and these are complicated systems. But almost always that symptom would require a new main control board.Thank you and I'm happy you got it functioning.Tech Michael