Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

T620CW Tumble dryer. Heats initially then goes cold, no water

T620CW Tumble dryer. Heats initially then goes cold, no water in reservoir. I've checked thermostats - both show continuity. New element fitted.
I've cleaned condenser and checked that the channel is clear for condensate to collect in reservoir, and the 'reservoir full' float switch seems to be ok according to my meter.
Have I missed something?
E Borland
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in Appliance repair and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Dryer?Also is yours the Gas or Electric model? Also does it get a lot of use? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Poss 6 years old it is electric and has had reasonable use - we prefer a drying line outside and finish off if necessary with dryer.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi this sounds like the the High limit T Stat is failing. But I would replace all three components there to be sure everything will continue operating for a long time to come trouble free. Replace both the High and Low T Stats, and the Safety Thermal, and your good to go ;-)I have done thousands as you can imagine lol;-) In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the safety thermal?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi it should be down near the bottom where the power is distributed;-) Its a small part inline with the power distribution. When you order the three parts and receive them, you will know where it goes because you can look for it better then;-)Thanks Tech Michaelplease don't forget to rate, its the only way I receive any credit for my time and expertise with you today. No cost to you to rate ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found All three. All seem to be ok, ie showing continuity but in the absence of any other obvious issue, I'll order them up. No other thoughts?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I do have other thoughts on this lol ;-)The problem isn't that they don't have continuity now when they are cool, but rather they r[trip out one of them for sure during the operation, causing the cool down;-(You can trust me on this, you need to simply replace those three parts and they arent very expensive anyway ;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I will stick with you until then, but please rat eso I can as well;-) Once you rate, I will send you a reply so you know how to reach me when you have the parts.Thank you again,respectfullyTech Michael