KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Samsung ps43d450a2wxxu won't turn on. It clicks a few times

My Samsung ps43d450a2wxxu won't turn on. It clicks a few times and the light flashes. Then no click at a few light flashes now and then.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... it seems the power board is bad and will need replacement ... how old is it and does it flash in sequence or it flashes like 4 times etc ?________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it flashes about 4 times then stops. It also made a click sound but that has stopped happening
OK the problem is with the power board that will need replacement... repair will cost around £130
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I do this or do I need an electrician?
It is better if you get this done by the technician________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok. The tv is about 3 years old. Do you think with thw cost of the power board plus the time of a technician it would be more cost affective getting a new tv?
Sorry for delayed response.. it might work for long time ... if the repair costs exceed more than 120-150 I recommend buying a new one ________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks