Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Whirlpool fridge freezer the fridge is not getting cold en

Customer Question

Whirlpool fridge freezer the fridge is not getting cold enough
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could I have the model and product code please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It do'es not have any model no on it I think this was the only one of its kind, it is black American fridge freezer with a rounded front if you can identify it from that, the freezer works perfectly but the fridge do'es not get cold enough, it is not plumbed in at present but has not been for 2 years so I don't think that is a problem. wife wants me to buy new one but if you have any answers it would be greatly appreciated. Peter Fletcher
OK could you perhaps let me have a a picture of the inside of the fridge, I am particularly interested int the top inside of the fridge area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found model no FRBB36AF20/2 service no 8586 158 15030
OK let me explain how the system works and then you will follow what I am trying to do, there is no cooling in the fridge it is taken from the freezer area and ducted by two vents on in the top and one in the bottom. If you now look at the top left hand corner (where the bottles are) you will see a vent area and underneath a screw that lets you with a little fiddling to get this cover off. Behind this vent cover is a motorized flap that opens and closes in line with the required cooling requirement of the refrigerator side. This has likely seized shut, just check and come back to me with your results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have uncovered the back, removed all the screws I can find, the whole of the back shown is in one piece from top to almost the bottom, does not appear to want to come away and don't want to force it
Well it has to come off to allow you to get at the motorized flap, can you start from the bottom with a side by side action, checking that it is not frozen to the back as you go.