Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG Santo Fridge. Ive had it 6 years.

Hi I have an AEG Santo Fridge. Ive had it for about 6 years. But its great and I have the matching Freezer so want it to last abit longer. Every now and again it seems to start clicking off and on. The temperature then starts going up. It stops after a while and then the temperature goes back to normal and it seems fine again for a few days. Is this something that can be fixed?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If this is clicking on and off like this then its going to be the control board at fault here.
Ive seen this fault quite a lot on these and its always been the control board at fault.
Now this can still be fixed but isn't a cheap fix im afraid. The best option here is through either British Gas or Currys Knowhow as they both do a fixed price repair for £125 all in. This will be cheaper then you getting the part yourself here.
Or you can ring AEG as they do a break down plan for faulty appliances which is about £16 a month as you pay monthly and its a full years warrenty on the complete appliance plus the repair as well so that's another option for you here.
So try one of them or if you are handy you can replace it yourself. It will involve replacing the wiring as well but it comes with full instruction for that.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?
If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.