Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Vaillent ecotec plus combi boiler. It turned off

Customer Question

We have a Vaillent ecotec plus combi boiler. It turned off during the night due to low pressure. We increased the pressure and the hot water is back on but the heating is not working at all. Any idea how I can get it working again?
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Try turning the selector switch back to the reset position and held it there for over 5 seconds, then back to hot water and heating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried turning the "timer, on, off" button to off and then back on after 10 seconds but that didn't help.
http://www.vaillant.co.uk/downloads/ecotec-installation-and-servicing-manual-261417.pdfPage 66 onwardsWhat status code (S + No.) is displayed currently?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it is showing S 0 - No heating required. The temperature is up for the heating setting and the room thermostat is on 22.
ok, are you able to link out the room stat at the boiler and see if it fires?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to do that. Have looked through the manual but can't see anything like that. The boiler is on and hot water working fine.
yes, but your boiler is not firing as you have no heat demand.You need to follow the power from the thermostat back to the boiler