Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens oven and I have removed the door to clean

I have a Siemens oven and I have removed the door to clean it. I now find I cannot get the door back on because the locking hinges seem to locked inside the door itself!! I would be grate ful, if you could let me know how to release them. Thankyou
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number of the oven please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
I think the number is ***** Does that make sense?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
When the hinges snap back like this what you need to do is lay the door down flat in front of you with the hinges at the top.
Get a tee towel and wrap it around the hinge and then you need to push it backwards.
Once pushed back you need to then try and lock them back in place with the clip you would have lifted up.
Be carefull as they can snap back on you before you get them locked in place.
Or you can use a pair of pliers instead of the towel and hold the hinge and push it back.
Once both hinges are locked in place you can then refit the door back on.
Let me know how that goes from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm back!Yippee, I've done it.You are top of my favourite person list, thank you so much. I won't be taking that door off in future I don't care how dirty it gets.What happens now? I really can't afford to subscribe monthly but I am very pleased to pay a one-off payment now for the help you have given me.Kind regards, Patricia