Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I just poked a small hole inside the fridge (on the right side

Customer Question

I just poked a small hole inside the fridge (on the right side close to the bottom) with a knife while trying to break ice. Is it possible to save it?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - it is but you would need to contact a specialist refrigeration engineer who would do it for you. Most would just tell you to scrap it. Its a little outside the scope of a domestic appliance refrigeration engineer and whether a commercial engineer would take the risk. If you were on my patch I would have a go at the repair but I've been doing it for 30 years - way back then we repaired rather than replaced.