Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Re ZSF2420 compact dishwasher. I am receiving a fault indication

re ZSF2420 compact dishwasher. I am receiving a fault indication several times during the washing cycle indicating a drainage problem. The filters are clear, there are no kinks in the hose, and it also appears to be clear. I do not put heavily soiled dishes in the machine and use Finish dishwasher cleaner every month. If I switch the machine on again a after checking the filters the cycle will then continue. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your dishwasher?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is six and a half years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael. If it helps at all the dishwasher was installed by an experienced plumber who regularly does work for me. The machine has been used virtually every day since!! Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ken, What I would do is after making sure there is no clogs in the lines, is take the drain pump motor out and inspect it, there may be something stuck in its impeller preventing it from turning. A pretty common fault.Then if thats all good spin the impeller a few turns and re install it. Try the dishwasher once again, let meknow if this fixes the problem. If so great! If not then you will need a new drain pump motor for this model.The best place to get that is : espares: http://www.espares.co.uk/I would call them for this part as they don't list all current parts on the site;-)Pleas call them at: 0844 9777 888.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day Ken!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael. Thanks for this. I presume I get to the motor by taking the casing off -I will look on Zanussi's website for some sort of exploded diagram of the machine. Thank you for your help. Leave this with me now I will come back to you if I need any more assistance. Regards Ken; -)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Yes, the motor will be a fairly small pump inline with the drain hose;-)