Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

SE64SNX3 smeg hob. Ignition sparks permanently. Fitted new

Customer Question

SE64SNX3 smeg hob. Ignition sparks permanently. Fitted new spark generator and switches, still the same. Any ideas
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.This is going to be one shorted burner control switch.The way to fix this is to disconnect the power lead to each burner switch with the POWER OFF of course.Then power the range ON and notice there should be NO clicking.Then turn off the power again, and reconnect one of the switches, Continue this way until the unit begins to click again and then you have also found your faulty switch;-)Once you have identified the switch please let me know and I will provide details on the best place for a replacement part;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael Thank youTech Michael