Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a glow worm 38cxi combi boiler. pressure dropped to

i have a glow worm 38cxi combi boiler. pressure dropped to 0.4 bars. Tried to increase the pressure via the filling loop. turned the blue knob only to find the water leaking out from the intake valve. Eventually managed to increase the pressure. it is now to high. Reading 1.7 bars when the heating is on. Is this ok? or do i need to reduce the pressure. if so how do i do this/
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, that pressure will most likely be ok, as long as it doesn't get to 3 bar upon heating , where the safety valve would open and the water would releaseout of the safety pipe to outside.The ideal pressure is around 1.3. You can release some pressure by bleeding water from a radiator bleed valve uusing a pot to catch the water
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Why was the water leaking when I tried to increase the pressure? It still does that if I open the blue valve(filling loop)
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome .It may not have been tightened up enough of have a leak on the tap. You could replace it but as long as it stops leaking when you close the tap then you don't really have to worry about it