Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Bosch Benvenuto B30 coffee/espresso machine. I keep

I have a Bosch Benvenuto B30 coffee/espresso machine. I keep receiving the error message: fill up pipe-sys. Following the instructions in the manual does nothing. Is there something else I can do? (I've seen some messages online from other users claiming that there is a clogged filter that needs cleaning internally. However, I don't know how to find/access that – if that is truly the cause.) Please help.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Bosch Benvenuto ? And has this happened before?Also do you perform a descale function often?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've had the Bosch Benvenuto since 2006. I perform the descale a few times a year. The clean cycle is performed more often than that, and I only use filtered water in the machine. This has happened before ... about 4 years ago. I had a friend that was a mechanical "fix it" type of person. So he took it apart and cleaned the filter and tubes – some of which were blocked. We're not sure if that caused the issue or not, but it worked. I haven't had this problem again until two weeks ago. We temporarily were able to fix it by running hot water through the machine. It worked for several days but has stopped again. It hasn't worked now for several days.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm not sure how you descale, but try it this way it has a 75% success rate when this problem gets this bad.Mix a 50,50 solution of distilled water and Distilled white vinegar.Heat in microwave on high for 1 minute (NOT BOILING) then pour that into the machines water compartment and let that sit for 8 hours. Then try to run the machine, if should work but you may need to run this a few times to really clean it out. If it doesn't work you will need a new part called the Pipe system and brew unit for this one.Its pretty simple to replace and I will help if it goes that far lol, lets hope not;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day and a wonderful weekend!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I can't use vinegar in the machine. That is specifically stated in the user manual. I have to use specific types of descaling tablets. (I use Jura Descaling Tablets: http://www.amazon.com/Jura-Decalcifying-Descaling-Tablets-tablets/dp/B00008WUAR.) I would try the vinegar option above except for the manual stating that it's harmful to this machine. There's a special note in all caps saying not to use vinegar or vinegar products. I'm not sure why. Any other suggestions? Thanks, again!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi well.. I kind of understand their logic but in this case, you likely need the brew unit if the vinegar solution doesnt work lol.So and, the only parts that may be harmed (although I HIGHLY doubt that), would be the brew unit components ;-)SO I would do this based on those facts which I am sure you agree with me at this point ?I hope it works, it usually does;-)Please rate kindly with the stars, no cost for that and I will still be here if you should need to replace the brew unit my method doesn't help, it is a last resort now anyway.Thank youTech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.