Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Old model 3 slice toaster worked after being in storage for

old model 3 slice toaster worked after being in storage for 2 years. Later the same day stopped working....no red light on power. changed fuse in plug...no result..what next?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Toaster?Also may I have the Full model 3 so I can assist you?Also do you have a meter for some testing? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actual age is unknown...passed on by my son! model:combi. Serial no: 01/99 No testing meter. Sorry about that . Am 77 and not techi!. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi lol;-)No problem, the issue is likely the main control board is bad or the cord itself. You can test he cord with a cheap line voltage tester available at any hardware store. But as for the board, if its bad and you can fix it unfortunately they don't make that board any longer;-(I wish I had better news for you with your toaster, I really do.But In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-) EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice weekend!Tech Michael
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - I'm afraid my college from the USA has given you misleading information. Dualite toasters do not have boards or pcbs inside on a product of your age. However, what I can say is they have a wonderful repair service and unusually (dont like to turn work away) I would suggest that you send it back to Dualit at the following address -
For the attention of the Repair Department.
Dualit Limited
County Oak Way
Crawley
West Sussex
RH11 7ST
Telephone: +44 (0) 1293 652 500
Fax: +44 (0) 1293 652 555
Email:***@******.***
Their inspection service is free and they only charge £10 plus the cost of parts (which are equally cheap) to repair the product. Operating a repair company as I do we don't even look at Dualit repairs we just sent them off, not because we can't fix them but because they can do them cheaper and doing it this way the customer gets the free warranty and we get the goodwill for other repairs.
I hope this answer has been of use to you if so kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system above once done all further information will be supplied by me on a free of charge basis. Thank You for using JA and have a Great Weekend. Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.