George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I've a Miele G646 SC dishwasher. It has developed a leak which appears to be coming f

Customer Question

I've a Miele G646 SC dishwasher. It has developed a leak which appears to be coming from the front/bottom right hand corner. There is no water coming from the back. Any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Is the water coming from the door or from an area underneath the door?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure, I'll investigate further, I think it's coming from the side of the door.
See if you can locate the general area and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmm. I pulled it out a bit, put kitchen roll under it so I could see where the water was coming from exactly, and did a wash and there was no leak!
It's been leaking a for a few weeks, though not massively.
I'll test again later and get back to you!
Ok , :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The leak continues...
It's definitely not coming from the door. It looks like it's coming from the bottom of the machine.
Shall I turn it on its side and take the bottom off, maybe there's a blockage perhaps?
Any help would be appreciated... or should I call someone in?
Let me look at the schematics to the appliance in the morning and then I will get back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Good morning,
To take off the bottom of the machine you should lay your appliance on its back to prevent leaking int the cavity of the appliance.
There are many parts that can cause leaks in this appliance.. Leaks usually come from: uncouples hoses; damaged hoses; motor seals; faulty heaters; etc etc.
Make sure the appliance is switched off before continuing. Look for dried watermarks around the motors, hoses, pressure switch. A good initial area to look at is the base that you remove... Look for water staining; if it exists it will point you towards the area at fault..