Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Ecotec valiant 418 boiler, using hot water from a separate

Customer Question

ecotec valiant 418 boiler, using hot water from a separate cylinder. Only 4 months old, was regularly get F23 faults, have flushed system loads of times, and have a magnetic filter fitted in flow. Now the boiler is banging when it fires up in the morning. Them temp controls on the front are set to max on water and heat, but it takes ages to get house warm, and the hot water is not as hot as it use to be with old boiler. Ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Good morning,F23 happens when the flow of CH water through the boiler isn't sufficient to quickly carry away the heat being generated.For example if the pump isn't set to a high enough speed or more likely in this case if there's some restriction in the radiators/pipework. Usually this means the system has trouble because there isn't enough water in the lies especially if you have an upstairs ;-)I would call the installer back as a warranty task, because you likely need to bleed the system of air trapped to mak ethi system work better. If that doesn't solve the issue the pressure valve is at fault. I have over 30 year of experience working on these hands on lol.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-) EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice Saturday!Tech Michael