Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a vaillant ecotec plus. It was displaying a F75

Hi, I have a vaillant ecotec plus. It was displaying a F75 code with the pressure bart at 0. I switched off the boiler to refill to 1.2 bar. Now the boiler wont switch on again and the display screen is empty.... Can you pls advise what the likely issue?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,have you pressed the reset button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have tried. but to be clear. the boiler seems 'off' i.e the display screen is empty when i switch the 0/1 button to 1 and the boiler does not make any sound (such as trying to fire up)
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Ok , have you pressed the flame failure reset buttton. As well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only know one reset button that is the flame barred with a cross which is the top left of the 4 buttons on the panel
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
The only reason the display would be blank is if there is no power to the boiler( check the fuse in fuse box and the fuse in the fused spur.Boiler fuse could have blownOr pcb maybe faulty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to confirm fuse box you mean the house fuse box (i.e not some fuse box part of the boiler system?) and ok i will check the fuse spur as well
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , yes the main fuse box,check that no fuses have tripped. And you will have a fuse from a switch that controls the heating somewhere, maybe near the boiler or the clock
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i changed the fuse on the fused spur and check no fuse tripped in the box but still no power on the boiler. Are there internal fuses in the boiler that could have tripped?