Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi oven, model ZOP37902. The oven was in pyrolysis

I have a Zanussi oven, model ZOP37902. The oven was in pyrolysis cleaning when my friend switched it to off, thinking I'd left the oven on! The result is the door is now locked and I can't get it to do anything. Throes switching off and back on again! No luck.
Is there a manual release for the door?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Is the oven still hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, happened a few hours ago
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think starting the pyrolysis cycle again might help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, my partner has tried that. Switched off back to F104 error code after 3 mins
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok as inside the lock is a bi-metal link bar which makes the lock basically lock. Once its cooled down the bi-metal bar should retract and release the lock so allow you to open it. So if its cooled down then it should have released.
If it hasn't then what happens is the bi-metal bar fails and this keeps the lock locked giving this fault so its not an electronic fault im afraid its a fault on the lock itself which will need to be replaced.
Now the fun part is getting it open.
Look at the top of the door on the left hand side and between the door and the front control panel you will see the door lock.
Insert a flat bladed screwdriver in there and you need to lift the door hook up. You may need to use a bit of force and then you can open the door.
If on this model you cannot insert the screwdriver in there then you need to hold the door handle with both hands and pull hard as theres a break off tab on the handle were the lock goes and pulling hard breaks that tab and allows the door to open. But if you need to do this then the handle will also need to be replaced.
Once the door is open you can then remove the oven from the unit and remove the top panel and there you can access the door lock. You need to replace it from there and that will cure the fault from there.
Im afraid when this happens its a door lock fault which will need to be replaced so you can try and open it from the above and that should do it.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it looks like our replies have just crossed over.
Give me a few minutes and I will check up the error code you have just given me.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok the F104 error code means the PT500 sensor probe which is basically the oven sensor is out of range.
What you need to do for this is switch the power off to the oven for 20 mins and then turn back on and see if this clears the code. Also see if the door lock opens as well.
As with the oven getting turned off mid cycle the sensor probes may not have fully cooled down in there as when on pryo they do get very hot in there.
So after 20 mins turn it back on and see if that code has cleared.
Let me know what happens as if it hasn't we can take it further from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't do any good, error code keeps coming on and been off for nearly an hour now. Think we will attempt to open the door either way and take it from there!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, we pulled and the door is open! Piece of plastic has also broken off the frame around the glass in the door!
Error code is still on, prob need to call an engineer in Monday. Thanks for your help tho!