Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch dishwasher is defaulting to the 'eco' cycle and won't

Customer Question

My Bosch dishwasher is defaulting to the 'eco' cycle and won't allow me to change to another cycle. How do I reset? Thansk
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your dishwasher?Also may I have the Full model #? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
DIshwasher is about 18 months old. Model is SMS40A18GB/35
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for that, what you can try is to turn off power to the SW from the circuit panel in your home, Then wait 30 full mintes. If that doesnt help, you will unfortunately need a new main cotrol board due to a component failure.But in that case, your DW should still be covered for 24 months so you will neeed to call Bosch using the phone # ***** the user manual or even the warranty card. They will schedule a repair tech to coem out and replace that main control board free of charge for you;-) Sometimes though, the boards memory becomes glitched, thats why I mentioned you need to remove power from the machine to see if it will clear in the 1/2 hour time period.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for that,what you can try is to turn off power to the SW from the circuit panel in your home, Then wait 30 full mintes. If that doesnt help, you will unfortunately need a new main cotrol board due to a component failure.But in that case, your DW should still be covered for 24 months so you will neeed to call Bosch using the phone # ***** the user manual or even the warranty card. They will schedule a repair tech to coem out and replace that main control board free of charge for you;-)Sometimes though, the boards memory becomes glitched, thats why I mentioned you need to remove power from the machine to see if it will clear in the 1/2 hour time period.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael