Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Baxi duo tec boiler the boiler occasionally makes banging noises

Customer Question

baxi duo tec boiler the boiler occasionally makes banging noises which seem to be coming from the combustion area .When this occurs the water pressure fluctuates wildly. Iam also losing water from the overpressure pipe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the banging is usually in the morning but the loss of water is constant
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.The banging means one of two things is happening. Either the unit is in need of a cleaning and adjustment. Or the nozzle is failing and allowing too much fuel into the chamber. When that happens, there is fuel left in the chamber so when it fires, you will get the bang as it lights the excess fuel as well, Not a safe condition).In this case it is important to have this system serviced ASAP.I wish I had better news for you but its not an expensive repair, its really just in need of a service (tune up);-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice Sunday!Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the boiler has been regularly serviced and was done only recently. I have contacted the service engineer who informs me that loss of water is caused by the expansion tank needing pressurising this i have done. The banging inside the boiler is caused by low gas main pressure at peak times and i have contacted the gas supplier to rectify this.
thank you for your reply but i did not in the end require your services thank you for your response but on this occasion i have been able to solve the problem myself.
i do not expect to be charged for your service but will probably contact you should i need assisstance in the future.
thanks
martin
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi the expansion tank would make its own banging in the pipes when the boilers water is called for.But anyway, please rate my service in a kind fashion then I can close this for you. I will ask Customer service about the refund for you. They are really good this;-)Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael