George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Daniel, I have a zwd14270w1 washer dryer, it won't dry!

Customer Question

Hi Daniel,
I have a zwd14270w1 washer dryer, it won't dry! I've had the lid of checked the element for resistance and seems ok about 60ohms cold... When I run the dryer there didn't seem to power at the heat element the fan runs fine with plent of flow. I see there's a temp sensor towards the front of the heat chamber have no continuity there I'm guessing its a normal open stat? Any help would be great
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you supply me with the PNC from the label inside the door opening or on the rear of the appliance
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,PNc number###-##-####00)
There are a few possibilities here...
Towards the element end of the dryer box there is a stat; this can be a regular stat or a resettable stat with a button in the center of it.. Check that it has continuity; if not, press the button and check it again, if it is a standard type renew it.
Toward the updraft side of the heater box is an large NTC Dryer stat This should show a resistance
On the side there should be a manual stat which should have a resistance
On the rubber sleeve between the condenser and the tub there should be a humidity sensor that should show a resistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,
there's no resistance on the stat at the end of the dryer box so I will order one
I'll let you know how I get on
Thanks again
OK.. Speak soon