George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Neff dishwasher S5493XOGB/08 is not letting any water in

Customer Question

My Neff dishwasher S5493XOGB/08 is not letting any water in although the pump appears to be making a noise. How can I access the pump to check if it is working properly ?.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Please check the E-nr etched into the top of the metal on the door.. Tell me what the E-nr is.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The E Bo is - S5493XOGB/08
Where did you take this number from as this is not a Neff E-nr number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an etched box on the top of the door which says E-Nr The number I have supplied is the number in the box. There are other No's as well - FD 8207 & 030117
Ok, you have got the number from the correct place..
The FD is a date code.. I will try trace your appliance from that.
I still cannot find that model.. However, I have found on that has similar numbering S5443X0GB/07 given the possibility of the third number being wrong, the O being a 0, and the last digit being a mistake.
The number you gave was S5493XOGB/08 which does not exist in the Neff model directory..
Nevertheless, the fault that you have described is alike to having activated the anti-flood protection system due to there being water in the base.
To check this, you can remove the appliance and tilt it backwards slightly to see if water comes from the rear, or you can remove the lid and the right hand panel to view the interior for the same purpose.
To access the drain pump on most models you can remove the panel below the door; but a simple way to test the pump is to pour some water inside the appliance and shut the door to see if the water drains away.
Let me know what you find.
regards