Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have Fisher Paykel OB60HDEX2 Electric Built Under Double

I have Fisher Paykel OB60HDEX2 Electric Built Under Double Oven but the main oven is not working on the fan setting even though the fan is running. The top element is working in the main oven on the selected setting. Please could you advise. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If the oven isn't working on the fan setting but the fan is running then this is going to be the fan heater element at fault here.
What you need to do is remove the shelves in the oven and then from there remove the back panel.
There you will see the fan and around this is the heater element for the fan setting. This will have failed so will need to be replaced.
You can replace it from there but becarefull as the wires are very tight when you remove the heater.
If the wires fall off then im afraid you need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel to access the wires.
So just be carefull when removing it inside the oven and you will be able to swap it over from there.
So check that and see what you find. But from the fault you describe this is going to be a fault fan element here.