George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint WDF740 which was on this afternoon when

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint WDF740 which was on this afternoon when I turned the electric off to fit a light fitting. Since I have turned it back on the machine has displayed and is now repeatedly flashing and bleeping "Door"
I have turned the machine off at mains but unfortunately can't reset. Any ideas?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Are you saying that even when you have cancelled the current program you have the same problem with the door lock?
Can you describe exactly what you see and what you hear please...
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I have switched off at mains and managed to release door and then tried another program and I get the same error
Is there any clicking at the door when you try to start a program?
Does the door lock when you power the appliance?
Have you cancelled the previous program?
Does the appliance still contain water?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes there is a clicking noise to suggest it has locked. It appears to lock when I start program and makes clicking noise but then comes up with error
I believe I have cancelled the last program by switching off at mains.
There is some water left but minimal
Ok, first things first...
Press & Hold the ON-OFF button for approximately 3 seconds
Select PUMP OUT on the programme dial.
Switch on and re-start
When the machine has finished emptying.
Press the ON-OFF button
Select a new programme and re-start
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
After I have done the reset it won't allow me to pump out, just comes back up with door error
So, you have pressed and held the On/Off button for 3 seconds and the appliance has counted down and switched off... Correct?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes
So, you select the DRAIN program on the dial.. you press START.. You hear the door click...
Does the door continue to click?
Do you hear the sound of the pump, or any buzzing at the front lower half of the washer?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No the machine clicks several times but sounds like it has locked and then comes up with door message. Definitely no sign of the pump starting
Ok, at that point:
How many times does the door click before it stops?
Does the door then lock so that you can not open the door, or does it remain unlocked so that you can open it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
After bleep it clicks six times and then yes it locks so u can't open the door
The door lock is faulty and needs replacing
The part number for the door lock is C00254755
The part can be bought in many places on the internet for various prices.