Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Blanco cooker hood extractor fan over my cooker hob.

I have a Blanco cooker hood extractor fan over my cooker hob. ref;- BE/05N Fab No 882556 240V 50Hz 210W ToT Motor 130 Watts made in Italy. Not long ago it suddenly stopped working and went completely dead. Is there an internal fuse that i can check to see if it is blown or not and could you inform me how to proceed to find the problem. the extractor is about approx 26 years old without any problems throughout that time.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - this particular model is not listed on the Blanco Engineers website, can you give me an idea of what type it is and its size.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian. Thank you for your reply. It is one that fits horizontally flush into the canopy above the hob. iI do not have any other spec than iI have already listed. Could you be more specific about what further info you need? Size 550X310mm. Fan faces upwards into extraction tube to outside wall. Hope this is what you need.
OK thank you, ***** ***** that the fan is fitted via a fused spur which in normally placed out of sight in the chimney cowl or near the extraction hose. Its one of my worst nightmares as you have to usually get above the hood to seek it out. I can't find anything out about the hood so this will have to be a Sherlock Homes venture between us. I'd be looking above the hood in the canopy if you can get there as the hood came with a connection cable that kitchen fitters normally fit onto the fused spur.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks Ian. I will have to remove the extractor fan completely from its housing to get into the cowling above it which shrouds the extractor tube to the outside wall. Thanks for your help.
OK come back to me if you need further help, in the meantime would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening.