KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

George, I have a hotpoint BWM129. it fills with water, makes

Customer Question

Hi George, I have a hotpoint BWM129. it fills with water, makes a funny clicking noise and then the spin light and quick wash light flashes. Now if I set it to a 30 degree wash it works fine. So I think it must be the heater element, would this be right?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 10 months ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... how old is the washer...if you number the lights from the left (or from the top if in a column), let me know which lights are flashing________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I guess its 6 years old. I’ve added a pic of the front. So the spin (bottom left flashes quickly. So does the Quick wash. and the door lock flashes, but not as fast. I think this is a binary code. Would it be 16 + 4 = 20? error 20? So I’ve don’t a wash at 30degrees no problem. Put it on 40 degrees and the error happens after a few minutes.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Any chance of an answer here?
The two lights in the picture, SPIN and QUICK WASH are flashing quickly and the door lock is flashing slowly. How are the error codes identified? is spin = 1 or 16? Would like to sort this out today so I can order parts, thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Kevin, I'm a bit dissapointed you have not responded after asking for more information. I have included a careful description plus photos. If no response I will ask Just Answers for a refund. thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
There was no answer, he just asked me a question and when I replied with further info and a photo, no reply. No a good first use of this site
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Hi there... I am sorry that someone has jumped in to the question you asked of me and then not responded to you. I have just noticed the question amongst the waiting questions... The Flashing lights that you see are telling you that you have a problem with the motor; either the motor is jammed, the motor tacho has fallen off the motor or broken, or you have a disconnection between the motor tacho and the pcb. regardsGeorge
Hi Keith, sorry was away for a while ... flashing lights indicate a problem with motor...you will have to check the connections from the PCB to the motor, if all is fine motor will need replacement..please let me know how it goes.________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your reply regarding the motor. It's a bit misleading because it works fine on a 30 degree wash, only when I raise the temperature does it error. So you are saying that the motor works differently at a warmer temperature?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also. On my machine, can you tell me what error number it is displaying. In other words. What lights are equal to 1,2,4, 8 and 16 on the front panel please.
Many thanks,