Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I wired up the room thermostat (wrongly) and now have no feed

Customer Question

I wired up the room thermostat (wrongly) and now have no feed to switchmaster The fuse on the wiring centre is good. Have I damaged the wiring center in some way
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.This could be a bad T stat or damage to the control board. You will need a meter for testing and some electronics experience to fix this. Please let me knwo if you have that and want to work on this. If not, you will need a heating Technician to repair the board or replace it. But let me know how you wish to proceed?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech MichaelThank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I check the wiring centre? The fuse is good and I have live feed going in
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
The firs thing I would do is try replacing the T stat, or bypassing it so that the boilers control board thinks the T stat is calling for heat. If you knwo how to do that on this one. If not, then simply return that T stat for a replacement as its more likely that you damaged the Tstat not the control board;-) I wouldn't mention the mis wire lol;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no live feed going to the T stat
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thats then definitely the main board. If the fuse is good, on that board, then the most likely fault is going to be a MOSFET or a transformer on the board, unfortunately these components are not available separetly, so you will need to replace the main control board ;-( I wish I had better news for you I really do.If there is anything else I can do for you please let me know?And remember to rate kindly before you go.Thank you and have a great day. Tech Mike;-)