Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

A few days ago we had a loss of electricity supply. After

Customer Question

A few days ago we had a loss of electricity supply. After this, among other things, my microwave now works at less than half its previous rotation rate. Would the electricity supply failure be the reason ?
The "other things" are 5 long life light bulbs giving up the ghost despite some being only a year old.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to your queries - it sounds like you had a power surge when your power came back on. A quick test when you are ready, I need you to remove the access panel for the turntable motor underneath. Remove the glass plate and adapter from inside first, then come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have lifted the glass turntable but there is no access internally to the turntable motor. If this means upturning the microwave, this is beyond me, so I will need to have a"heavy" on hand when I talk with you about what needs doing. Sorry for delay but I am selling my house !
That is not a problem, if the heavy has some means of testing the actual voltage going to the turntable motor that would be useful. Yes you will need to turn the appliance upside down to get access to it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for prompt reply. Test the voltage ? Time was that we had a voltmeter - not now. Think it useful to buy another. Pause while this happens Wed am. Will let you know outcome. LH
No worries I'll be around, dont go spending load you can probably pick on up for around £5 if you shop around.