Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Problem with Bosch dishwasher. On powering up a clunking

Customer Question

Hi, problem with Bosch dishwasher. On powering up a clunking noise is heard from the bottom of the machine , investigations have shown it is the main circulating pump attempting to start forward, pausing for 1 second and then attempting to start in reverse. It repeats this sequence until power is removed. The main pump is not jammed and free to rotate, as is the drain pump. Any advice welcomed please.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please. Its usually etched into the door frame at the top as you open the door on the left hand side and starts E-nr.
Also is the motor doing this even though you haven't selected a cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, model no isSMV53A00CB/03. This problem occurs on power up prior to any cycle selection. Marc
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
If the wash motor is doing this as soon as the dishwasher is turned on then this is going to be a faulty control board.
As this is the only thing that controls the motor and for it do this it wont be a motor fault as this only runs when its filled with water.
So as its doing it as soon as you turn it on this is a control board fault.
This is located at the bottom on the right hand side with that panel removed.
Open the casing and remove the board and see if theres signs of burning on there.
But from what you say this is looking like the control board is the fault as that's the only thing that can cause this problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is rather as I suspected, I'll whip the board out tomorrow and give it a good looking at, if it's so I'll call espares and go from there, thanks for now Daniel, regards Marc
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
If you could also remember to rate the answer that would be great.