Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG steam oven, model no. B9820-5. It has

Hello, I have an AEG steam oven, model no. B9820-5. It has completely cut out, the light doesn't come on and there's no heat coming from the grill or any of the oven settings. It was switched from the grill to the true-fan setting and the door was closed and then it cut out. Did it overheat?
I've read about something called the thermal cut-out, is it possible this has gone?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok I take it you have checked the power supply to the oven and made sure the switches are all turned on.
If they are fine then its either the thermal cut out stat on the back of the control board.
What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.
There you should see the thermal cut out on the back. Its either square or round and will have 2 wires going to it.
You need to test this with a multi meter and see if faulty and if so then you need to replace it.
But if the thermal cut out is fine then the control board will have failed as if the power is fine then its either the thermal cut out at fault or the control board.
So check that out and see what you find and let me know.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.
Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.