Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a NEFF hob unit, model no. 54742, installed in Aug.

Customer Question

We have a NEFF hob unit, model no. 54742, installed in Aug. 2003. The back left hand ring blew the MCB and RCD, with a flash occurring under the ring surface. The front left hand ring also does not now work: the indicator light flashes permanently when operated. In view of the age, it is unlikely that it can be repaired (too costly)- perhaps you could confirm please. If this is the case, could you advise a direct replacement to go into the work top.
David Holmes
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi David, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.For this one, I would unfortunately replace the entire Hob. The reason is as you mentioned the cost for the parts. What likely happened is that there is going to be damaged parts on the main control board and that is very expensive to replace.Also the age makes it possible that board isn't available, Also I checked a a few of my best suppliers and they didn't have any left in stock;-(I wish I had better news for you I really do,but I would really replace this Hob also because due to its age, other parts are likely to begin to fail as well.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day Dave!Tech Michael Thank youTech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael
You have not answered my second response and the second part of my first question !
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I don't see that response on this page, please post it here so I can respond;-)Thanks Tech Michel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was asking for advice on a direct replacement for the NEFF hob unit, which would not require any alteration to the worktop and would be okay for depth.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** you asking what model or type you can use so you wouldn't need to change anything when it hooks up?Thanks Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please. An induction hob from the Neff range (if possible), avoiding any worktop alterations and with correct depth.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave, you can use any one you like that is standard size as your old one is ;-)I would check out a local home improvement store to get a REAL look at them. Or an Appliance store even will be a great place because they can get just a bout any one you like ;-)Tech Mike