Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

There, I tried speaking earlier (kids were playing up) we

Customer Question

Hi there, I tried speaking earlier (kids were playing up) we have a Lavamat Turbo 16830 washer drier and we are getting an E40 (door not closed) error but the door is closed. This is happening sometimes at the start of the wash cycle and sometimes before the dry cycle.
Some times turning the power off then on would solve it and other times the wife would just keep trying to start it and it would eventually start. Now, none of those work.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
E40 is a door lock fault. If the door is closing fine then the fault will be the door lock itself.
Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault as they can play up like this.
What you need to do is open the door and remove the outer seal clamp and unlip the door seal.
Then remove the 2 door lock screws and then you can pull the lock out through the gap.
Then you can swap it over from there and replace it. Then that should cure the fault from there.
This is a common fault on these were you get the E40 and the door is closed ok this is nearly always the door lock itself at fault here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.