Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Neff T40B30X2 hob and a Neff single oven (oven

I have an Neff T40B30X2 hob and a Neff single oven (oven only just installed) I had an electrician fit the oven and he also swapped the wiring over so as the hob was on the oven circuitry and the oven was on the 13 amp circuit. Have followed the instructions to enable the hob to run on plan 1 so we can use individual pots on high setting without it 'pulsing on and off'. We can't use the boost on any hob if other hobs are on? It's so frustrating, your help will be most welcome. We don't want to spend a lot of money on an engineer call out if we are told that it's not possible to change this.Thanks in advance
Charles.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. As for this issue, it will pulse even on high as that is how it controls the power to the individual burners.Its like PWM Pulse Width Modulation. I wish I had better news for you on this But thats the way it works. If something else seems not to work, you may have a defective unit if that is the case which I doubt, you can have that one exchanged if it is new or under 2 years old;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the speedy reply.
We can't have all the hobs on 9 at any time, although we don't do that often, but we have to really try to plan to avoid having the hobs above the 5 setting. Also we can't use the 'boost' setting on any hob if another hob is on, even if it's a low setting like 2 for instance. When the hob arrived we had the choice of using the 13amp plug supplied or wire it into the 'cooker circuit.
It was when we tried to increase the power to the hob that we discovered that we had a problem. The hob is trying to draw more power to enable it to do as we ask but, the most we can get is setting 2 which I belive is 15amp. There is an option to go back to factory default but try as we, might we can't find it on the hob itself. It' doing my head in, and my wife is not impressed at all.
Charles.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Charles, I understand, it is possible you are seeing the pulsing due to the circuit not having enough current. I would call the original installer back, he may need to fix that for free ;-)I will be here if you need me.Please rate kindly no cost for that.Cheers ***** *****