Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Teka tki-140d fridge.my appliance seems to reach temperature

teka tki-140d fridge.my appliance seems to reach temperature but doesnt switch off to defrost
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Teka fridge?Also May I have the Full Model # ***** I know which one you have?And are you sure it isn't defrosting? Try setting the unit to a higher temp (turning the unit warmer) so we can be sure it will cut off to not? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does not shut off even when turned to zero it is im afraid 10 years old .A-FL BU 140 tki_140d lots of ice build up door seals ok so no issue with gas
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry for the delay,This is more than likely the main control board behind the fridge. This part is easy to replace but a bit pricey. You can check with the supplier for current cost when you call them.The best place for this control board is: http://www.4teka.co.uk/Please call them: 0844 55 72 510.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael