Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

HE plus 25S keeps droping out with fault setting a3 .press

HE plus 25S keeps droping out with fault setting a3 .press reset then comes on
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Optimax HE plus?I looked over lookedthe service sheet for Ferroli boiler the diagnostic codes are normally prefixed with a "F" so assuming your code is F3 it would indicate that the circulation has failed causing the 100' c overheat thermostat to trip this may be due to the water pressure / contents (should be 1 bar min). falling and or the pump failing. Have all the radiators been turned off as this would stop circulation. Highly unlikely but check. The Overheat stat is positioned on the left hand side of the main heat exchanger. If it has a small pin between the terminals then it requires to be manually reset. Turn the electrical supply off before looking at this some boilers have 230 v. at this point.If you have a meter for testing we can go further. But this is one that will need a part to solve this problem so if you aren't experienced you shoudl have an experienced engineer look at this for you. But please let me know what you would like to do?In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you..Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael