George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Samsung BT621VDST has recently started tripping the rcb.

My Samsung BT621VDST has recently started tripping the rcb. Works fine for a while- even over an hour but then cuts out and won't restart without immediately tripping the power until it's cool. Wondered if it was linked to moisture in the cooking. Engineer checked everything with his meter and couldn't find any faults. Any suggestions what it could be?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
This problem is usually caused by a breakdown in the installation in one or more of the elements. If this is the case, and it most likely is, it is called an accumulation. The element does not show any fault whilst cool, but then as it/they heat, the hotter it/they get, the more the installation can break down causing an earth fault, thereafter tripping the consumer unit.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it more likely to be a fan element or a heat element do you think? Is there one that this model of oven is more prone to. Also is it something I could fix myself or would it be for a repair guy
Good morning.. Which oven are you using at the time that the appliance trips the circuit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So far it has happened when using just the top oven and also when using the large oven ( top and bottom together without the divider shelf) .
Ok thank you for that information...
Can you put the oven into SINGLE MODE, LARGE GRILL ONLY and let me know if the oven trips then..
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I did as you asked. The grill was on for an hour and didn't trip the power. What next?
Then the upper of the two fan oven elements needs changing.
Please remember to rate the assistance given by me today
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George. Do you mean the top fan or the top heater?
Not the fan, or the top heater, but the element that surrounds the top fan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I understand now.
You are very welcome... Please remember to rate the assistance I have given to you.
regards