Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Rdw6012Fi rangemaster dishwasher won't allow me to choose

Customer Question

My Rdw6012Fi rangemaster dishwasher won't allow me to choose a cycle program. It turns on, I've reset it. Salt and rince aid are full. There no alarm codes. I press the program button but nothing happens. It's 4 yrs old. Should I pay £100 call out fee to fix it or just a buy a new one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Rangemaster Dishwasher?I am in the US and cant call you, but you can call me if I send you my phone #;-) I will send you an offer for the call, when you accept that I will be able to send my phone # ***** you can call me. Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That number does not work when I call it
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
It is a US # ***** I mentioned before I sent the offer.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's OK, I added us country code +1 my phone says it's invalid number in North Carolina.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am in North Carolina;-)But that is my phone #. I just verified it by calling it from my house phone.It works maybe you need a 9 + 1 in front of that all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What ever I try it doesn't work and I soberly have credit
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi in any case, I would replace the control board only as that is the problem with this dishwasher. If you are handy, you can do this with my help, no additional cost for any of that;-)Let me know, but if you want o pay a tech to install that part I would replace the dishwasher as the cost would be prohibitive and you would be better off replacing the dishwasher.If I can help any further please let me know.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Other lights on the control board do work. Do these boards tend to stop working.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
How old is your dishwasher?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 yrs
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi can you tell me exactly what the board does, if you turn off power at the mains for 10 full minute then reconnect it. DOnt turn it on but let me knwo if anything is lit up or blinking ?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned it off over night and then turned it on, no other lights other than this. As per image
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1/2 load and timer switch also don't work
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I understand, but did you turn it off a the main breaker, so it has no power going to it so the memory can reset?ThanksTech Mike