Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hotpoint washing machine WMF760 door will not open - doorsign

hotpoint washing machine WMF760
door will not open - doorsign flashing
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Washer?Please try a reset for me, unplug this machine for 30 full minutes then back in, let me know what the display is doing then.Also is there a pattern to the flashing light like as if there is a few blinks then a tiny pause and the blinking begins again Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
machine about 5 years old
machine power on,start button on, machine tapping noise then word "door" flashing with high pitch noise every say 5 sec.
start /pause button yellow colour flashing on and off
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi can you tell if the sound is coming from the door latch area or the control panel?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sound coming from the door latch area
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks, ***** ***** need is a new electronic door latch. its easy to replace and I will help you when you have the new replacement part.It has a couple of screws and a plug in wiring clip to pop off and on the new one.To get the door open as of now, you can carefully pull on it till the mechanism breaks, its already bad and you will get the complete assembly when you order the new door lock;-)The best place to get that part is : http://www.hotpoint-spares.co.uk/I would call them for this part because they dotn list all parts on their site.Please call: Tel:(+44) 01489 782492 or 01489 782 492.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!