Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

A double oven Hotpoint UE47X - grill element keeps trippin

Customer Question

a double oven Hotpoint UE47X - grill element keeps tripping
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in Appliance repair and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Range?And, How long has this been tripping the breaker? And how long after you turn it on will it trip it out?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a double oven. I am an oven cleaning technician and this is a customers appliance. The oven is a double oven and the bottom fan oven is working perfectly. The top oven which also has a grill is the problem. The oven controls and element are working perfectly the problem is the grill. The grill is the halogen bulb type which is covered with mesh. When the grill is switched on fairlyquickly it trips. I removed one of the halogen bulbs and the other is then fine - I then reversed this and the other bulb worked fine. It is when the grill is switched on with both bulbs it trips
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,did any water get into the electronics possibly?If not, them you have a wiring problem to the grill.If a connection somewhere gets weak even the plug if it is plugged in that will happen. So to recap, if that side that was causing the problem works fine if only that one is on then it is a wiring issue. If all the connections are ok, and the circuit breaker at the mains, is ok and not worn out internally then the problem is the main control board or wiring inside the range.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this part of the grill isn't cleaned as it is covered with mesh and not safe to do so. both of the halogen grill lamps work when the other is taken out. It trips the oven when both bulbs are in place
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi I think I understand ,did you get my reply?
I mentioned the wiring as the most likely fault for this problem. If there is a bad connection or a bad wire or breaker anywhere in the system Especially the ground wire would cause this problem for sure. And thats about all that will cause this problem.
I hope this helps, Check the plug id equipped behind the unit.
Also check the breaker to see if it can handle the amperage draw the lamps are pulling when they are both on.
If you aren't sure how to do this for safely you should have someone with a little experience test that for you.
Please rate kind, so I can stick with you until this is solved.
I am here when you need me.
Tech Mike;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike is there any way I can call you Direct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes you can call me if your phone service allows this, I am in the US.Once you accept the offer I will see that and be able to send you a message with my phone information.Then you can cal me anytime you need, no additional cost.Thanks Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah am in the uk lol,
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
lol,This would be a wiring issue I'm sure of this as I knwo electrical characteristics well;-)Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
A cheap meter is all that is required to determine where the fault is;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a problem, when I have taken the wire of at the back, one did have a bit of burning to it, I am of back over to the job now and I will let you know thank you for your help
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hey anytime;-)Tech Mike