Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

We have a glow worm12hxi boiler. The boiler is in good condition

Customer Question

We have a glow worm12hxi boiler. The boiler is in good condition and servicied annually. However it has a tendency to leak on an irregular basis from the feeders to the steam trap. on its last servcing in Oct I had the plastic feeders to the steam trap replaced hoever since then it has leaked on 4 separate occasions. Once in Nov. The beginning and end of Dec and now this week. At each event it can empty 2 or 3 times a day and that can continue for 2 or 3 days and then stops.
a) Is there a history of this happening with this type of boiler and
b) can you advise me on a solution to the problem.
Thanking you in anticipation
Tom
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , the condensate traps do have a tendency to leak. It would be worth taking out and inspecting it for cracks, I have my erously found them to to have developed cracks. If its just on the connectors themselves a smaear of silicon on the spigot Donne for before pushing it back on does a great job